Working at Bermar
Bermar (International) Ltd. was established 30 years ago and is the world leader in wine service solutions. Our expanding, successful and dynamic company manufactures a unique range of award winning wine and Champagne preservation equipment that can be found at the heart of over 50,000 on-trade operations world-wide. Our friendly, motivated team is committed to providing customers with an extremely high standard of service and product quality.
We are proud to work in an environment where personal development is encouraged and dedication and hard work are recognised and rewarded. Our friendly, motivated team is committed to providing customers with an extremely high standard of service and product quality. We are proud to work in an environment where personal development is encouraged and dedication and hard work are recognised and rewarded.
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
An exciting opportunity to join the world’s leading manufacturer of wine and Champagne preservation systems. This is a chance to be part of a fast-growing company which operates in over 90 countries and counts some of the most respected names in hospitality as customers.
The role is suitable for an ambitious individual looking to take the next step forward in their career; leading a team and being hands-on in all aspects of a busy factory environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Production supervisory role and must have at least have obtained some formal engineering qualifications. They will thrive in a demanding work environment and will be able to handle pressure, targets, and multiple tasks efficiently and accurately. They should have a proven record of building and maintaining internal and external business relationships, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you see the next step in your career as joining a vibrant, dynamic and growth-oriented business, then this role could be perfect for you.
At a glance your role will involve the following:
- Co-ordinating and managing the despatch of all orders to both UK and global customers
- Assembly and configuration of refrigeration units
- Managing stock control and ensuring that inventory records are accurate
- Performing quality controls and managing production and despatch KPIs
- Managing relationships and quality with multinational suppliers
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, understanding customer needs and anticipating customer requirements
- Confirming that health and safety regulations are followed
- Using the CRM system to maintain customer records accurately
- Working with the team to devise and implement strategies to continuously improve performance, safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Regular reporting to senior management
- Supporting the Production Manager with coordination and contact between the day-to-day production team and the senior/management staff
- Providing cover for the Production Manager as and when required
- Advanced communication (written and verbal),
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office programmes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining attention to detail
- Proven ability to forge and maintain excellent internal and customer relationships
- Excellent problem solver with emphasis on results and providing solutions in a climate of continuous improvement
- Fork Lift Truck certification
- Full Driving Licence
- Prior warehouse and supervisory experience necessary
- Initiative, Vision, Enthusiasm
- We offer a generous salary, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your CV & covering letter telling us why you think you’d be the best person for this job to the Operations Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ipswich